Monday, October 5, 2009

NONI'S STUFFING
From Linda Curreri (Boston, MA) by way of Mary Murphy with help from Melissa Murphy

Mary had to send it to me because we used to have Thanksgiving with Bob and Mary so she was more involved with it than I was for a long time. Notice how the recipe changes from person to person? Melissa even added her Arizona touch to it. My mother and Aunt Jane used to argue over whether or not there were onions in it. Aunt Jane was very happy to see Uncle Charlie's recipe to know that someone put onions in it. With or without onions, I love it.

The beauty of Betty's stuffing is that it is not only good but you can add whatever and there never seemed to be any specific amounts. Betty did it all by how it looked. Whenever I asked her for the recipe, she never indicated that there was one.

Chopped celery
Sliced green olives (stuffed with pimentos)
Broken walnuts
Sliced fresh mushrooms
Bell's seasoning
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
Fresh bread and Pepperidge Farm's dry stuffing mix added after everything else
Cayenne pepper (Melissa's addition)

I can't tell you how much of each to add. It depends on how you want your stuffing. I am getting hungry thinking about the stuffing because it is my all time favorite recipe and I haven't had it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment